The special topic that I decided to choose for this period of time is my relationship with my little sister Bella. I picked her as my special topic because she is very close to me and seems to create a story every day, which would be something easy to journal about over a span of a month.
My little sister is five years old and just like most other five year olds, she is pretty crazy and just loves living life since she has no worries. Just like when every teenager was a younger kid that was one of the greatest qualities of being a little kid, having no worries. You can clearly see that in Bella as she just enjoys living life, playing with our family, and going to school and being able to hang out with all of her friends.
The main reason I picked Bella as my special topic though is because I feel like I am very close with her. I would honestly call her my best friend since she's only a little kid and doesn't cause much drama or stress in my life. She's someone I always come home to and know that she's going to put a smile on my face with whatever childish thing it is she's doing. She loves watching movies with my other two brothers and myself, no matter what the movie is. Every now and then she gets this "tough" mindset about herself and believes that she can truly beat me in a wrestling match but it ends up with her just losing because she is too ticklish. She loves going outside with me every Sunday and helping me wash my car. During the summer that was one of her favorite things to do and I would enjoy her company while I was out there. Bella alleviates every serious situation that ever arises in my house whether its an argument that breaks out about college, or my brother and I getting in trouble; there will be yelling going on and out of nowhere Bella will say something innocent and funny that can't keep anyone from laughing and automatically calms everybody down. Bella is my ultimate cheerleader as she's always at most of my basketball games and is always excited to come and watch me. Most of the time the morning of she'll come up to me during breakfast and tell me how excited she is about my game. Bella is probably more popular among my friends than I am as I always get comments about how "cute" or "adorable" she is and how everybody wishes it was their younger sister. Whenever I have to go run an errand for my parents to any store there is not one time where I don't get a comment from somebody about how beautiful she is. Bella truly has been a blessing to my family and myself and has something about her that can't keep you from smiling.
Its for these reasons and many more that I picked Bella as my special topic. Everyday she always seems to create a story or does something that I can talk about which is why I picked her. She's a topic that will be easy to write about every day and also one that I'll enjoy because she is so close to me.
Juan, the difference between your blogging and how you talk in real life is very, very small. This, however, adds a certain familiarity to your words when I'm reading them. It makes everything you say seem as if i am there
ReplyDeleteThis is so sweet! I can't wait to keep reading to hear stories and more about how she impacts you on a daily basis!
ReplyDeleteThis post is so cute and adorable.. Bella is awesome although I think she is still afraid of me.. I will eventually gain her trust! But good job Riguez!
ReplyDeleteIt's crazy to think that such young children can inspire us. I think I'm going to like following your blog because I love kids. And...I also think Bella is cute and adorable! I think this is a great topic because sometimes we just need to let loose and act like a kid and i can tell Bella brings out the kid in you.
ReplyDeleteThis is a really good topic Juan. Its going to be very interesting to read about siblings and their interactions. I cant wait to read more on this.
ReplyDeleteJuan,
ReplyDeleteI think you did a great job showing the relation with Bella. I like the way you paint scenes for us to follow. I also saw a perspective I had never seen, an older brother taking care of his sister.